Movers and SHAKERS
IMO2020: Major Shift in Fuel Regulations
At the beginning of 2019, IMO2020 required shipping companies to comply with new regulations designed to improve air emissions by lowering the sulfur emitted in flue gases. Panelists will detail their views on the low sulfur requirement and its impact on shipping. Some companies have shifted to compliant low sulfur fuel while others are investing in equipment to remove sulfur. Attendees will come to understand how decisions are made, how what is best for one company may not suit another, and what is coming down the road.
- Gary Vogel, CEO Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Pribor, CFO, Treasurer, International Seaways, Inc.
- Eddie Valentis (Pyxis Tankers) CEO
- Tasos Aslidis, CFO (EuroDry and Euroseas)
- Mads Petersen, Managing Director, Nordic Bulk Carriers
- Stamatios Tsantanis, CEO Seanergy Maritime Holdings
- Poe Fratt (Moderator) - Senior Transportation & Logistics Analyst at Noble Capital Markets