Movers and SHAKERS
Private Placements: a rare opportunity
Because Channelchek is affiliated with a FINRA / SEC registered broker-dealer (Noble Capital Markets, Inc.), from time to time public offerings (the sale of equity shares or other financial instruments offered to the public in order to raise capital) may be posted on this site. Only SEC-approved registrations for public offering of corporate securities will be referenced. Noble will manage, co-manage, and/or facilitate the public offerings. The capital raised for a company listed on Channelchek may be intended to cover operational shortfalls, fund business expansion, or make strategic investments. Often these private placements are available only to large financial institutions, as there may be considerable risk associated with these investments. However, as an “accredited” investor, you can participate. Here is how it works:
- Accreditation Verification Below is a link to start the process. This is a confidential exchange of information with a FINRA-licensed investment banker for Noble. Generally, it must be established that you can “afford” the risk. Noble will guide you through the SEC guidelines for accreditation.
- Once you are confirmed as an accredited investor, you will be required to sign documents that will restrict you from buying/selling shares in the subject company while you review the offering, which will remain in place until the closing of the offering (and the terms of which are disclosed by the company).
- If you choose to invest in the offering, Noble will guide you through the entire process of subscription and wiring of funds. Certain investment minimums may apply.
- You should be aware that, because you are participating in a private placement in a public company, the shares you purchase will have certain restrictions. Your Noble representative will detail this for you; it will also be clearly stated in the subscription documentation.
- Once restrictions are lifted, your shares will be “free-trading,” meaning you can sell them in the open market.
If it sounds complex, it’s not. Once it has been established that you are qualified to participate, you can focus on the merits of the investment. Noble will help you get as much information as possible so you can make an informed decision. This includes, but is not limited to, arranging calls directly with the management of the company. Investing in private placements is not for everyone, but for some, it’s truly a rare opportunity.